EPFO Recruitment 2023 | Social Security Assistant
EPFO stands for the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, which is a legal body of the Indian government under the Ministry of Labor and Employment. The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme, the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), and the Employees’ Deposit-Linked Insurance (EDLI) Scheme are all run by the EPFO.
The EPF Scheme is a way for salaried workers in India to save money for their retirement. Under this plan, both the employee and the employer put money into the employee’s provident fund account every month. The account earns interest. The employee’s contribution is equal to 12% of their basic salary, and the employer’s is the same amount. The Indian government decides the interest rate on the contributions and looks at it every year.
The EPS is a pension plan for people who work for companies that are part of the EPF Scheme. It gives the worker a pension when they retire or if they become permanently disabled.
The EDLI Scheme is a group life insurance plan that helps employees get life insurance. The employer pays into this plan, and if the employee dies while working, the benefit goes to the employee’s nominee or legal heir.
EPFO is also in charge of giving all employees who are part of the EPF Scheme a Universal Account Number (UAN). The UAN is a unique number that lets employees use the EPFO portal to manage their EPF account online.
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Overview
|Job Role||Social Security Assistant (Group C)|
|Type Of Job||Govt Job|
|Salary||Approx. INR 29,200 / Month|
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
|Name Of Post||Vacancy & Salary|
|Social Security Assistant (Group C)||
Age Limit: Between 18 to 27 years as on the Closing Date of the Online Application form with Age relaxation as applicable.
Application Fee: The application fee is Rs 700/-
Selection Process: Selection Process based on written examination.
Official Notification: Click Here
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Job Benefits
Employees working in the EPFO can enjoy various job benefits, some of which are:
- Provident Fund: EPFO employees are entitled to contribute to the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme. They can contribute up to 12% of their basic salary to their EPF account, which earns interest and provides a retirement corpus.
- Pension Scheme: EPFO employees are also eligible for the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), which provides a pension after retirement or in case of permanent disability.
- Health Insurance: EPFO employees can avail of medical benefits under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) or other medical insurance schemes.
- Housing: The EPFO provides housing loans to its employees for purchasing or constructing a house.
- Leaves: Employees working in the EPFO are entitled to various types of leaves, such as casual leave, earned leave, medical leave, and maternity leave.
- Education: EPFO employees can avail of education loans for themselves or their family members for higher studies in India or abroad.
- Gratuity: EPFO employees are eligible for gratuity, which is a lump sum amount paid by the employer to the employee as a retirement benefit.
- Professional Development: EPFO employees can attend various training programs, workshops, and seminars to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Overall, working for the EPFO provides a range of job benefits that can help employees lead a financially secure and healthy life.