EPFO Recruitment 2023 | Stenographer (Group C)
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a statutory body of the Government of India, responsible for administering the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) and the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) for the organized sector in India. The EPF is a social security scheme that provides retirement benefits to employees, while the EPS provides a pension to employees after their retirement.
EPFO was established in 1951 and operates under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. It manages the largest social security scheme in India, with over 200 million members and assets of over Rs. 17 lakh crore (as of 2021).
EPFO is responsible for maintaining records of its members’ contributions and benefits. Employers and employees contribute a certain percentage of the employee’s salary to the EPF and EPS accounts, which are managed by EPFO. The contributions and earnings are then used to provide retirement, death, and disability benefits to the employees.
EPFO also provides various online services, such as checking EPF balance, downloading EPF passbook, and applying for EPF withdrawal, among others. The organization has regional offices and sub-regional offices across India to serve its members.
In addition to administering the EPF and EPS, EPFO also implements and enforces the provisions of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, which governs the EPF and EPS schemes.
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Overview
|Job Role||Stenographer (Group C)|
|Type of Job||Govt. Job|
|Salary||Approx. INR 25,500/Month|
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
|Name Of Post||Vacancy & Salary|
|Stenographer (Group C)||
Age Limit: Between 18 to 27 years as on the Closing Date of the Online Application form with Age relaxation as applicable.
Application Fee: The application fee is Rs 700/-
Selection Process: Selection Process based on written examination.
Official Notification: Click Here
EPFO Recruitment 2023 – Job Benefits
Employees working in the EPFO can enjoy various job benefits, some of which are:
- Provident Fund: EPFO employees are entitled to contribute to the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme. They can contribute up to 12% of their basic salary to their EPF account, which earns interest and provides a retirement corpus.
- Pension Scheme: EPFO employees are also eligible for the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), which provides a pension after retirement or in case of permanent disability.
- Health Insurance: EPFO employees can avail of medical benefits under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) or other medical insurance schemes.
- Housing: The EPFO provides housing loans to its employees for purchasing or constructing a house.
- Leaves: Employees working in the EPFO are entitled to various types of leaves, such as casual leave, earned leave, medical leave, and maternity leave.
- Education: EPFO employees can avail of education loans for themselves or their family members for higher studies in India or abroad.
- Gratuity: EPFO employees are eligible for gratuity, which is a lump sum amount paid by the employer to the employee as a retirement benefit.
- Professional Development: EPFO employees can attend various training programs, workshops, and seminars to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Overall, working for the EPFO provides a range of job benefits that can help employees lead a financially secure and healthy life.